Sunday 18 May 2008

Laura's flowers

I think I might be about to put a photograph on my blog! OK, so it doesn't sound too exciting to you because you've been doing it for the last five years. But I'm someone who finds it difficult to operate a toaster so for me this is big progress. And this is a very important flower. It's Laura's flower. It comes from her rose bush. In truth, the rose bush was given to us by my husband's former colleagues. It was one of those thoughtless, corporate kind of gifts. And when my husband left that company we fell out badly with everyone there. Partly that was due to the fact that I considered that those people behaved very disrespectfully to us around the time that Laura died ..... But leaving all that aside the rose bush is wonderful. We are going to be moving house and country in two months time. The rose bush is going with us. I just hope it survives the move.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Tash said...

Just wanted you to know I'm thinking mightily of you and Laura today.

I bet you could move that bush, and that the 'net would be a great source of how-to instructions. Hoping for a peaceful week for you.

Melissia said...

I too will hope for a peaceful week for you and urge you to take some cuttings now from your rosebush ( to triple your survival chances) just in case!